July Employee of the Month:
Congratulations to our July Employee of the Month, James Mork.
James has worked at H & H since May, 2013 in our Warehouse and Delivery Department. James has been busy learning about the material side of our industry here in the shop. He will start to work here in the Warehouse and Shop more, helping organize where our deliveries are stored, as well as helping keep track of when deliveries left the shop. James will concentrate more on organizing our stock and our deliveries, helping streamline the orders coming in and out of our busy warehouse and shop. He will still help out with our deliveries on a part-time basis. We have had many drivers in and out of the shop over the past few years, and James is always willing to help new drivers with route instructions and general knowledge of where items are stored in the warehouse and out in our Bays. His willingness to help out new people is instrumental in getting all the orders picked correctly, out the door, and delivered to the correct jobsite, as well as remembering to give them any special instructions that particular jobsite might have. James is well liked by other coworkers and always willing to jump in and help to get the job done. Thank you to James for helping Warehouse, Purchasing, and all of our field personnel on a daily basis. It can be tricky to coordinate all departments to get things to out shop and then delivered on time and all our staff works hard together to get the job done!
July Idea of the Month:
Congratulations to our July Idea of the Month winner, Marcy Provost.
Marcy has worked here at H & H since July, 2011.Her idea is to bring more employees and their interests into the newsletter, and to write an article featuring the ‘Lunch with the Owner’. The article will cover how the winner was selected, where they ate lunch at, and what was discussed. This is a great way to ensure we have a winner and a lunch every month and everyone will know who it was for what month. There are many fun ways for the winners to be selected, one way is to put every employee’s name in our hopper and choose one at random. Another way is to select all fitters one month, next the tinners, then the plumbers (or perhaps all the apprentices and pre’s; then all journeymen and foremen); we can have fun with it in many ways. It will be interesting to read about who had lunch, and what they talked about during lunch, as well as where they decided to eat. Ideas discussed during lunch could lead to ‘Idea of the Month’ contestants and winners.Marcy has worked here at H & H since July, 2011.Her idea is to bring more employees and their interests into the newsletter, and to write an article featuring the ‘Lunch with the Owner’. The article will cover how the winner was selected, where they ate lunch at, and what was discussed. This is a great way to ensure we have a winner and a lunch every month and everyone will know who it was for what month. There are many fun ways for the winners to be selected, one way is to put every employee’s name in our hopper and choose one at random. Another way is to select all fitters one month, next the tinners, then the plumbers (or perhaps all the apprentices and pre’s; then all journeymen and foremen); we can have fun with it in many ways. It will be interesting to read about who had lunch, and what they talked about during lunch, as well as where they decided to eat. Ideas discussed during lunch could lead to ‘Idea of the Month’ contestants and winners.
This article about our monthly lunch will be a fun way to track participation and find out how the program progressing. The monthly lunch will be a way to get to know Paul and the ’lunch winner’ and learn about how Paul is spending his one-on-one time with employees outside of work. They may be able to brainstorm and come up with some creative ways for problem-solving solutions on the job-site, or come up with new ways to do things.
We are looking for more employee input for our Tradesmen Newsletter, as well as more ideas from our employees. Put your writing or interviewing skills to work and submit an article or idea for our next edition. Any feedback on how you would like the winner to be selected for the monthly lunch?
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time and found new ways to do things better, or more economically, and then shared it with the rest of their crew. Take some time to fill our Idea of the Month form! Keep the great ideas coming in!
For our first ‘Lunch with the Owner’; this will take place Tuesday, September 2nd, with Paul Christensen and Kevin Thomas. Kevin is a SheetMetal Journeyman working in our SheetMetal Shop. All of the employees’ names were put into our new, gold raffle wheel, and one name was selected during the Friday Morning Project Meeting with Paul, Brady, Accounting and Project Managers attending.
Thank you again to all of our employees who have been taking the time to fill out the employee and idea of the month forms. The continued support of our coworkers shows our overall commitment to our team. You may turn in the forms at any time of the month; we will be selecting the Employee of the Month and Idea of the Month around the first Friday of the month. All of your ideas are great ideas and we appreciate your time and effort to help out your fellow employees and HHI. We are always looking for new ways to do the job better, to help all of the employees as well as our customers. Thank you all for contributing to our team by the work you do daily and the great thoughts and ideas you are all willing to share to help the team grow and prosper.
Please keep the entries coming for next month. Remember to stop by the Labor Command Center, the Kick-off meeting room, to see the plaques with the Employee of the Month and Idea of the Month displayed. There we also have job pictures framed and posted and the Idea pictures on the projection screen posted.
March 14, 2013
RE:Employee of the Month / Idea of the Month
H&H Industries, Inc. would like to notify all of you that management has made the decision to implement (2) new incentives for our employees. The new incentives are outlined below.
Employee of the Month:
- Description of challenge: This challenge will be based on what you all are already doing, an exceptional job. All you need to do is show your passion you have for your job and perform the best you can. Basically, let your work be the selling point for the award.
- What the award will be: $100 Visa Gift Card (can be used anywhere)
- Who is able to win the award: All field and office employees, with the exception of Project Managers. Project Managers cannot receive this award.
- How the award is determined: What will happen is on the first Friday of every month, the Field Foreman and Project Managers will turn in to Mark Reed who they want to nominate for Employee of the Month. People you are nominating do not have to be individuals on your specific jobs or your specific trade. We ask and encourage everyone to think about and utilize all employees at H&H. This challenge is not a voting challenge. The nominee slips will be reviewed by Paul Christensen and Mark Reed every month. Paul and Mark will make the selection based on the description provided to us for why the person is being nominated.
Idea of the Month:
- Description of challenge: This challenge will be based on who has the best idea of the month at H&H Industries. We have a lot of very intelligent employees with innovative ideas that we feel don’t get enough recognition. Examples: A new fabrication idea, a new streamline process, a custom made tool. Basically, anything that you feel could be a benefit in time or cost savings to the company will be considered.
- What the award will be: $100 Visa Gift Card (can be used anywhere)
- Who is able to win the award: This challenge is open to all H&H Industries employees.
- How the award is determined: There will be a drop box mounted on a wall in the newly finished “Labor Command Center” (Mark Reed’s area). It will be the responsibility for the individual that is submitting the idea to put it in the drop box. Paul Christensen and Mark Reed will be collecting all of the ideas from the drop box on the first Friday of each month. Paul and Mark will review and make the selection based on what idea they think is the best one for the company at that point in time; i.e. a great idea that costs more than the company can afford is discouraged. More than one idea may be implemented but only one will receive the award.
We look forward to everyone’s ideas and continued hard work. We encourage all employees to engage themselves in these new incentives and take the opportunity to be recognized by everyone at the company to see. Along with the award being given out for these challenges, we will also be posting the new selected employees each month on our website accounts.
If anyone has any questions or comments for either challenge, please see Paul Christensen or Mark Reed.
H & H Industries, Inc.